VMware has released additional information, in the form of KB52264, regarding the impact that the recent CPU flaw has had on its virtual appliances.
Please note that this KB article is a work in progress and new updates will be published, in this same KB article, as the internal review is completed per virtual appliance.
To summarize the current status, the following virtual appliances are not affected.
- VMware NSX for vSphere
- VMware Unified Access Gateway
- VMware vCenter Server 5.5
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware vRealize Operations
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator
The following virtual appliances have been identified thus far as being affected.
- VMware Identity Manager
- VMware vCenter Server 6.5
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0
- VMware vSphere Integrated Containers